[FIXED] Navigator drag/drop issue

Balsamiq Edit: This has been fixed in version 3.3.14

Let’s say I have 3 mockups (Mockup1, Mockup2, Mockup 3) in my project. I drag Mockup1 to insert between Mockup2 and Mockup3. After dropping, the focus/selection switches to Mockup3 (next mockup after my drop point). This is very confusing. I expect Mockup1 to stay selected since that is the one i dragged and dropped.

Hi @Aras_Kannu,

Totally agree with you, sorry for the snag!

We’ve passed it on to the dev team so they can work on fixing this one, thanks for the report!

@Virgin Thank you. Another related issue to this…if I drag and hold just outside the navigator area, it doesn’t seem to scroll so i can drop where i want. I am having to drop somewhere in viewport, scroll, drag/drop, scroll. drag/drop…unless I am not mousing over my dragged object in the right spot to trigger the scroll. Keyboard shortcuts to move up/down would be great as well. Let me know if you need me to post this as a separate topic.

Hi @Aras_Kannu,

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier but I needed to check something before coming back to you on this one. :slightly_smiling:

Are you seeing any different behavior than the one below:

I’m happy to dig deeper if this doesn’t work for you.

Also, the fix for the first issue you’ve reported is included in our latest pre-release version, available here.

Just a word of caution here: as this is a pre-release version, we don’t recommend using it on mission-critical work. The fix will also be included in the next official version.

Hi @Virgin
Thanks for that video. I have better luck w/ drag/drap to re-arrange in LIST view, but not much in THUMBNAIL view of the navigator. I am in Mac (10.9). Could you please try the Thumbnail view? Thanks

Thanks for the details @Aras_Kannu.

You’re right, the problem is that the zone that triggers the scroll is a small area, as shown below:

I’ll bring this to the dev team so we can think about a way to improve this, thanks again for the report! :slightly_smiling:

Hi @Aras_Kannu ,

We just released our latest official version (3.3.9) including the fix for the first issue you reported. Thanks again! :smiley:

You can get the new version (3.3.9) here:
https://balsamiq.com/download

And the complete release notes are here:
https://blogs.balsamiq.com/product/2016/02/09/pcr-ro/

I’ll let you know as soon as we take care of the issue when moving a mockup using the thumbnail view. :wink:

Hey @Aras_Kannu,

Hope you’re doing well.

Another update: our latest official version (3.3.14) is out and rearranging mockups by dragging thumbnails is now much more easy!

Thanks again for the report! :slight_smile:

The new version (3.3.14) is available here.
And the complete release notes are here if needed.