[FIXED][Request] Icon Search Results, Exact Match First

Balsamiq Edit: This has been implemented in version 3.5.3

I just realized you could add icons to lists - super super helpful and I love it.

The only catch is for the icon search the results are odd both for lists and for other inspector panel icon searches. Very odd.

When you use the quick add you get exact match first, starts with, and then alphabetical matches. Which is great - I know the exact word of my icon and can type ‘plus’ and hit enter with confidence.

For the icon searches, it’s in some other order I thought was alphabetical, but it’s not really. In my case, the exact match ‘plus’ is the very last item so I have to get to it every time I want to add it. Which if you’re me making an accordian list…it’s every item and gets very tedious fast. (Minus is the same and is the last icon in the list.)

Can you snyc up the order the icons appear in so it’s the same as your quick add? Or at the very least, put exact matches first?

Oh, that’s weird, Rae. It looks like the Icon Library search is using a different weighting system.

I will let the Devs know. We should be able to fix this. :slight_smile:

Your attention to this stuff is super appreciated, my friend!

I only find tiny stuff that bothers me. :slight_smile: And once I had to use the plus icon multiple times in a list, it started to bother me. Overall the product works wonderfully, but I love how you are always able and willing to look into things to improve.

Hi @RaeHanley ,

We just released our latest official version (3.5.1) that includes the fix for the order of icons returned by the icon inspector.

Thanks again for the report! :slight_smile:

The new version (3.5.1) is available here.
And the complete release notes are here if needed.