Free Trial vs. The Real Deal

Hey everyone.

I’m new to balsamiq, and I just wondered if the thirty day free trial version is exactly the same as the version you get when you pay for the program. Are some features left out, or is this an accurate representation of what the program would look like if I were to purchase it?

Thanks!

Exactly the same, @Radmad. The trial and the paid app are the same.

We want folks to know what they are buying before they buy it. There is nothing worse than plopping money down on software only to find out that it doesn’t do what you thought it did.

The only difference is that the paid version doesn’t show the trial at the bottom. :slight_smile:

Sweet! Thank you!

Don’t forget that you have the option to keep the trial version installed for other members on your team who only require ‘read-only’ access to your project files after the 30 days ends, as an alternative to exporting and sending images/PDF.

Just to verify that I understand correctly. The trial version is still avialable after 30 days, but you are not able to build anything anymore? Only read only access.

Thank you for letting me know.

Marnix

Hi @Marnix,

You’re right, all Mockups 3 products will continue to function as a project viewer after their trial has expired. In case you need more time to make sure that our product is a good fit, please let us know and we’ll do our best to help! :slight_smile:

@Virgin, Thank you for your quick reply.
Yes we need 14-30 more days to setup the final mockup.
Can you do something for us?

With kind regards, Marnix

Sure thing, @Marnix! Please write to sales@balsamiq.com and share some details about the version you are using and we’ll reply there. :slight_smile:

Hello there,
I just downloaded the balsamiq free trial. I am also new to this.
I am trying to design a sort of storyboard for a music player.
I wanted to know if there is a way to change the “smart phone” container’s colour to black.

A prompt response would be deeply appreciated. Thank you.

Just make Smartphone’s background transparent (Background propertry) and place black Rectangle below, see the picture:

You can group both the objects and duplicate the group to present other screens.

@Alexey_Kolchenko is on fire. Thanks, my friend :slight_smile:

@FaithInYourself: Let us know if you have any other questions.