Balsamiq Community Discussion

Google Drive Enterprise?

Our company is requiring those who have Google Drive accounts to move to Google Drive Enterprise. Will Balsamiq for Google Drive work with Google Drive Enterprise?

Balsamiq for GDrive not recognizing .bmpr files until re-uploaded

Hello

When you say ‘Google Drive Enterprise’ are you describing Google Drive as a component of ‘G Suite’ at the Enterprise pricing level or ‘Team Drives’?

If the first one, then our existing Wireframes for Google Drive should work fine.

If you’re asking about ‘Team Drives’ then our existing plug-in won’t work for you but a plug-in which will work with ‘Team Drives’ is on our roadmap and work is scheduled to begin on that in the 4th quarter of 2017 (i.e. right about now). I don’t have a timeline for its availability but keep an eye on our Blog for updates.

I hope that helps - get back to me with any additional questions, ok?

All the best

Alasdair

This is what the email from our corporate security said:

We have determined managing the risk of several cloud solutions is problematic. To resolve this issue, [Company Name Redacted] is consolidating into one accepted cloud provider. Effective next month, [Company Name Redacted] users will only be allowed cloud access to Google Drive Enterprise, not personal Google accounts. The free version of Google Drive accounts established using a by [Company Name Redacted].com email address does not constitute a Google Drive Enterprise account. Any other cloud storage accounts used (e.g. Box, Drop Box, etc.) at [Company Name Redacted] must be migrated to Google Drive Enterprise by November 15th. One-Drive will not be affected as this is a [Company Name Redacted] integrated cloud storage solution.

You have been identified as a cloud storage user who does not appear to utilize an Enterprise version of a cloud service provider or a corporate account paid by [Company Name Redacted]. Your cloud storage access will be discontinued unless you establish and only use the Google Cloud Enterprise account identified as a [Company Name Redacted] corporate account.

So based on your answer will we be able to continue using Balsamiq for Google Drive?

Hi @DivaVocalsDeluxe,

I’ve just replied to your email but wanted to share it here too: I’ve looped in our dev team and it looks like it should work indeed with your new configuration.

The main thing you will want to check is that your administrator has turned this option on.

Hope this helps! Please let us know if you need anything else.

Yup… :slight_smile: Received your email response… (Thanks!) wanted to post here too in case someone else has the same question. :slight_smile:

Appreciate that! Thank you.

So wanted to follow-up for folks who may be in the same situation. (Changing Google IDs and how to manage your Balsamiq Wireframes for Google Drive subscription)

To recap, my company is requiring all of us with individual Google Drive accounts established by using our corporate emails addresses to be converted to Google Drive Enterprise accounts

Effective next month, [Company Name Redacted] users will only be allowed cloud access to Google Drive Enterprise, not personal Google accounts. The free version of Google Drive accounts established by using a [Company Name Redacted].com email address does not constitute a Google Drive Enterprise account.

Google allows only ONE account (regardless as to whether it’s Individual or Enterprise) to be linked to an email address. So in the conversion process if Google GSuite detects that your corporate email address is linked to another Google account, it “modifies” the email address linked to your individual Google account so that GSuite can link your Google Enterprise account with your corporate email address. (in my case the email address linked to my individual account email was transformed to something like myfirstname.mylastname%mycompany@tmpaccount.com during the process of creating my GSuite account)

You will need to add Balsamiq Wireframes for Google Drive to your new Google Drive Enterprise account. Upon doing so, you will find that your new Google Drive Enterprise account now has a trial subscription to Balsamiq Wireframes for Google Drive.

This is because behind every Google account is an underlying Google ID#. It is this underlying Google ID# NOT the email address of your Google account to which your Balsamiq Wireframes for Google Drive subscription is linked to.

Effectively it means this, you must contact Balsamiq to request a refund for your remaining Balsamiq Wireframes for Google Drive subscription time for your old Google ID# and then you must purchase a new subscription under the new Google ID# for your Google Drive Enterprise account.

Balsamiq for GDrive not recognizing .bmpr files until re-uploaded