Great new features in latest releases

Hi Balsamiq Team,

Well done on the great new features. It’s definitely more efficient to be able to draw rectangles just by holding down the ‘r’ key, and the ‘switch controls’ feature is fantastic.

One thing I noticed when I did usability testing with Mockups earlier this year was that novice users tended to try and draw rectangles just by clicking and dragging. So I have a little suggestion – maybe if the user tries to draw a rectangle this way, without holding the ‘r’ key down, you could maybe have a pop-up toast message saying ‘Hold down the r key to draw a rectangle’ … or something like that.

Anyway, thanks again for the great work. It’s so great to have these continual UX improvements :smile:

Mike H

Hi @MikeH,

Thanks so much for the kind words, we truly appreciate it! :smile:

You actually raised a good point here, and we will work on making this new feature more discoverable. A good starting point will be to include it in our introduction video, which we will do as soon as possible.

Thanks again for the great feedback @MikeH, please continue to share your thoughts with us, that’s always very helpful!