Balsamiq Community Discussion

Heads up on Mac OS Monterey

I would guess Balsamiq is aware of this but be careful if you are considering trying the Mac OS Monterey Beta. On my Mac, Balsamiq Wireframes (4.2.6) crashes on first load and load of any project.

Just to be clear, I don’t expect apps to work in the beta. So, I’m not saying anything about Balsamiq.

I just wanted people to be aware in case they were researching the apps they need and wondering if Wireframes worked under Monterey.

2 Likes

Hi @Josh_Mann and thanks a lot for letting others know.

We still have some time before they release the official version but that’s good to know. I’m passing the information to our dev team so that they can take a look.

Thanks again!

Thanks, Josh!

I booted up Wireframes on Monterey when the public beta went live, but didn’t have any issues. I didn’t try opening a previously created project, however, so I will give that a try when I boot back over to it this afternoon.

If you have time, would you mind opening a terminal window and typing defaults delete com.balsamiq.wireframes and seeing if that allows the app to load properly? I’m wondering if a config file got gummed up during the upgrade.

Brendan-

Sorry for the late reply. I had been working on Balsamiq on my laptop which has a non-beta version of Mac OS and hadn’t checked in.

Anyhow, your terminal command worked like a champ. That enabled the app to open on Monterey and then I was able to load a project.

I really appreciate it.

-Josh

Oops. Spoke too soon. It did crash again. I’ll send the full crash report.

1 Like

I’m seeing it on Beta 3, Josh. We will make sure it’s fixed before Monterey ships.

1 Like

Thanks Brendan. Glad you are seeing it too and appreciate Balsamiq working to fix it by launch.

Regards,

Josh

1 Like

I’m having a similar problem when launching the app
I am using the latest OS Monterey. I try to run defaults delete com.balsamiq.wireframes command line but it doesn’t seem to work properly

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for the report, @Lu_Dante.

I’ve just replied to your email, we’ll get it fixed before the official release!