Balsamiq Community Discussion

Horizontal scroll doesn't work after update to Mac version: 3.5.17 - 02/12/2019

On Mac, when I two finger scroll horizontally on the mockup-design area, it does nothing. Shift+scroll still works. This worked before I updated last week.

Possibly related: [IMPLEMENTED] Horizontal scroll wheel support

Hi @Alan_Leonard,

Thanks for the post. To cut a long story short, there is an issue with horizontal scrolling at the latest version of Adobe Air (the underlying framework we use for the desktop app.)

The easiest way to work around this issue is to go back to Mockups 3 version 3.5.15.

It’s not ideal but it’s issues like this which are a big driver behind our current effort to replace Mockups 3 with new, native versions of the desktop apps. That work is progressing well and will solve these Air-related problems once and for all.

If you’d like to read some lengthier background, please see: Balsamiq does not support OSX horizontal scrolling

Get back to me with any questions, ok?

I have had the same problem. Looking forward to the Native Mac client that will hopefully solve this problem. :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @alasdair – will there be a fix for this soon? I just bought the desktop client and am disappointed a basic gesture like this isn’t supported.

Hi @Kevin_McDonald and sorry for the hassle.

As Alasdair mentioned above, a quick way to work around this issue is to go back to Mockups 3 version 3.5.15 where horizontal scrolling works fine.

The good news is that the issue doesn’t affect our upcoming major version (native) that is already in beta. If you’d like to try it out, you find the instructions for joining on this page.

Any questions, we’re here!

Thank you @Virgin! I just downloaded the new version and upgraded via my old license. Appreciate the help, and looking forward to using the new update! :slight_smile:

1 Like