How do I create a hanging indent in a text block?

For the text area (the rectangle in which you can put whatever text you want, not the form entry field or the “Block of Text” item), is there a way to create a hanging indent in there?

Seems a small thing, but I feel like I come across this as a need every now and then.

Hi @EdwinLi_UXD,

Thanks for getting in touch about this.

Just to clarify, are you looking for something similar to bulleted lists, as described here?
If so, you can create them by preceding text with either a hyphen or an asterisk followed by a space.

Please let me know if you’re looking for something different, we’ll do our best to help!

Hi there!

Yes, it would be very similar to the effect of a bulleted list item. The difference is that there would be no bullet. It would just be the text–first line against the left margin, then all subsequent lines (in that paragraph) indented by an amount usually equal to a tab.

Thanks for clarifying the request Edwin, I get your point now.

In this case, I would suggest using a second control (e.g. a Text control) to overlay your text area, as shown here:

This allows you to define the specific spacing needed.
Also, you can duplicate and easily align another Text control if you need another paragraph:

Hope this helps!