How to adjust background grid color for layout

This might seem like a minor thing, but the grid in the background of the design areas is so faint I can barely see it. And when the sun is shining into my office I can’t see it at all. Is it possible for a user to adjust the color of that layout grid, as in make it darker or lighter??? If not, could you add that capability please?
Thanks,
-Phil

Hey @pshaffer

While you cannot change the color of the border, you can change the color of the cells.

Does that help with readability in your situation?

Sorry, you’re talking about something different than I am. See image below…
Those terribly faint gridlines you see in the background? I would like to see them a little easier too.

Oh, that grid :slight_smile:

I’m sorry, Phillip, I totally missed that.

There isn’t a way to adjust that grid’s color; I’m sorry about that. I will talk to the team about it!

I’m sorry that I missed that the first time, Phillip.

Hi @Brendan
I’ve run into situations where I want to use gray color gridlines so the data pops out more in grids.
Have you had this request before? Please let me know if I should start a separate thread on this topic/request
Thanks

Hi @Aras_Kannu,

Just added your vote for the ability to change the border color of the Data Grid control.

Here’s a quick workaround for now: you can disable the border and vertical lines of the Data Grid and replace them with transparent rectangle controls, as shown below. You can then group the controls together to make the selection easier to move, and even make a Symbol out of it.

Hope this helps!

Philip, I just had this same problem and it was to the point where the workspace grid looked totally white. Also, my assets that were white feed tiles on light grey feed looked all white! I have no idea what’s going on with Balsamiq, but I found that if I made my monitor color temp cooler it made the grid jump out and suddenly be visible. Very strange! Thankfully we have a separate design team so I don’t have to worry about color calibration, but yikes man. Something bad happening here…

That’s super weird, @JustinMalvin.

Would you mind sending us a screenshot of it? I am wondering if it’s a rendering bug.

Weirdly as soon as I went to produce a cell phone shot it wouldn’t do it! Makes me wonder if it isn’t the monitor needing to heat up or something.

Keep an eye on it for us, Justin. It will be easy to tell if it’s the monitor or the app if you use your OS’s screenshot utility. If it shows up fine in those screenshots, it’s probably the monitor.