Balsamiq Community Discussion

How to import logo?

How do I import my company logo and use it in my mockup design? I just downloaded balsamiq mockup 3 and really love this tool

0 Likes

Hey @shaun.skng!

I really appreciate you taking the time to post today. We’re happy that you’re happy!

You should be able to drag your company logo onto your mockup and start working on it immediately. You can also import it in the assets view if that’s easier for you.

Let me know how we can help, Shaun.

Happy Wireframing, my friend. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

That’s exactly what I tried, but it didn’t seem to work. Then I realized that .ai files and .pdf files are treated as “embedded” files that are not displayed in the mockup. In that case what vector-based graphics can we display in the mockup? I really hope I don’t have to convert logos to bitmap-based formats to use them with Balsamiq.

0 Likes

Hi @LeaVerou!

I’m sorry to say that you guessed it right. Since we don’t support those formats for now, they will be treated as non-image assets when you import them.

The three image formats that we support for now are GIF, JPG/JPEG, and PNG.

I’m adding your vote for supporting the import of SVG files in the app. We’re mainly focused on our upcoming Desktop version (native!) but we’ll revisit highly requested features as soon as we’re done with that huge project.

Thanks again for sharing your need!

0 Likes