How to Rotate an Arrow (Line)

The arrow line doesn’t seem to permit me to change the direction from the default upper-left to lower-left (vice versa) with an upward arc. Any idea how to fix? I’m trying to create a circle with dashed-lines and spaces for icons.

Hey Logan,

Arrow controls are definitely something we are working on.

If I’m understanding you correctly, you want to be able to create a circle using arrows. If that’s the case, you are going to want to play with the convex/concave slider.

Also, you can grab the ends of the arrow (or line in your case) to drag and rotate them up to 90 degrees. That should allow you to make the dashed-lined circle you are after!

Let me know if this helps you, Logan, and please feel free to fire any other questions or suggestions our way.

Hapyy Wireframing!

Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately, I’m having difficulty rotating the arc; grabbing the ends doesn’t seem to work. Using the convex slider I can create the upper-right and bottom-left quadrants of the circle, but I am unable to create the two remaining quadrants, which seems odd.

Hi @lgants!

Take a look at the image I attached below, if those are the arcs you are trying to achieve, I have referenced the control settings for each piece in the image.

Hope that’s what you’re looking for! :smile:

Feature Request: Rotate any shape by any degree

Perfect. Thanks so much.

Thanks for the assist @keith!

No problem! :smile: :beers:

The arrow tool would really need an update. I’m trying to achieve what’s been explained above, but with 45 degrees rotation:

I simply want to bend the straight arrow in order to point from page 1 to page 2. Having it straight like my mockup does not make sence. I dont want it on top of my mockup as it will look cluttered and potentially hide key features.

Could you please revise the functionality for the arrow tool? It simly doesn’t make sense and adds too much limitations.

Hi @Alexander_Fanden,

Sorry for the hassle with the Arrow control.

As Brendan mentioned, that is definitely something we plan to improve in the future.
I added your vote for this in our internal tracker, that will help us to prioritize this request.

As a work around for now, you would be able to have the result you need by using multiple arrows for one. You could use two curved arrows (A) or three straight ones (B) in this case. You only need to adjust the settings of each arrow as detailed in the screenshot below.

Thanks for your feedback, that is definitely something we always look for! :wink:

Alright, sounds good! Thanks for the quick reply.

Hi all,

Great news! We just released our latest official version (3.3.1) including a huge improvement of the Arrow control!

You no longer have to fiddle with weird property inspectors about direction and curvature, you can simply drag the ends where you want them to be, and drag the middle control point to specify the curvature.

Thank you all for your feedback, hope you’ll enjoy the “big boy arrows”! :smile:

You can get the new version (3.3.1) here:
https://balsamiq.com/download/

And the complete release notes (including some nice videos about the new arrows) are here:
http://blogs.balsamiq.com/product/2015/12/02/3-3/