Icons completely missing form myBalsamiq?

Hello,

I am now using a trial version of myBalsamiq on the web and am unable to find any icons. I am also unable to find anywhere to upload icons of my own.

I have gone over the forum and can see that there may be icon compatibility issues between Balsamiq desktop and myBalsamic - this implies that some default icons are available in mybalsamic.

The icon option is very clearly visible on Balsamiq for the desktop, so I hope that there will be a way to access these icons on the web as well.

Please assist. Thank you.

James

Hey @Roger_Phederer, I’m so sorry for the confusion with this!

To add an icon to your myBalsamiq mockup, use the Quick Add box and search for Icon

Click on whichever control is what you are looking for, and a square will appear on your mockup. That square is an empty icon, and it’s waiting to be told what icon you would like to use. Clicking on it will bring up the Inspector.

If you know the name of the icon you want to use, you can search for it in the Icon Search box, otherwise you can click this triangle to bring up the Icon Library

Now, if you want to add your own icons, find the icon you want to use and add “icon_” to the start of the filename (so your house icon goes from being “house.png” to “icon_house.png”.) Upload it as either a project or site asset and you will be able to find it in the Icon Library under Project or Site assets.

I know that is a ton of information, so please don’t hesitate to ask any additional questions regarding this, or anything else. We are more than happy to walk you through any part of myBalsamiq! :smile:

That really helped - thanks Brendon!