Icons not resizable with "default" icon

I’m not sure how long this has been occurring - but I noticed that the slider to control the icon size is not available until an icon has been chosen except…I had assumed the “default icon box shape” was an icon choice.

1. Type ‘icon’ (or ‘icon and label’) in the Quick Add box
  2. Hit enter
  3. This adds a “default icon” to the screen that you can move around and rename - but you cannot resize.
  4. Open the list of all icons and pick an icon - now you can resize.(You can also pick the default icon shape since it’s in the list.)

I remember being able to resize the default icon shape from the inspector, but that may have been quite a while ago.

It is also strange that once you open the library the size does not match the current icon size. For me it was showing the large icon on my screen but “small” was selected. I think that was based on the size of the last icon I added. While I was able to move the size slider around in the library popup - I couldn’t hit select until i picked an icon.

Ideally, I would like to resize the ‘default’ icon without picking an icon. Sometimes I just want to pace ‘an’ icon on the wireframes in the right place (and right size), but I don’t know which icon it will be until later on.

Minor bug perhaps?
I’m using 3.3.9.

Rae! Hope things are well my friend. :slightly_smiling:

I wonder if this something that got changed when we went to Font Awesome icons - but I don’t see why this would be a problem to implement/fix.

Let me talk to the team and see what we can do :slight_smile:

Doing very well! (And making wireframes again!) You? :slight_smile:

I suspected it was an awesome font change since that was the only really big icon change I could recall, and I have been in user flow land so this was the first time I was getting back to wireframes.

Sounds good - it’s not the end of the world obviously. :smiley:

Things have been good here as well. Strangely enough, I too am getting back into wireframing again. New year, new ideas :slightly_smiling:
I will update you on this as soon as I have more information. Thanks for being awesome and bringing stuff like this to us!

Hi Balsamiq team! Could someone please help with this? It’s August, 2017, and this is still an issue. Thanks!

Thanks for sharing your need about this one @Modern_Legend. I’m adding your vote to help to prioritize the request.

Anything else, we’re here!

@Virgin Could you add my vote to this feature too please?

Consider it done, @dannybster. Thanks!

Anything else, we’re here!