Image as button

Dear,

For my company, I am making a wireframe with myBalsamiq.
I am not completely redesigning the website, but I am only creating a new mockup of the notification system.
Therefore I would like the mockup to be as similar to the current layout as possible.
Now I was wondering: is there any way in which I can use an image as a button?
This would give my bosses and me a much better idea of what the website eventually would look like.

Kind regards,
Willem Goossens

Hi Willem,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

You can indeed use your images as buttons if needed.
You will need to first upload the related images in myBalsamiq as “project assets” or “site assets” depending if you will need those for multiple projects or not.
Then they will be available for you to use in the UI library inside the editor. Once displayed on the canvas, you will be able to resize them to a button size.
Please find all related details on this page: http://support.balsamiq.com/customer/portal/articles/112403

I only recommend using images that are not too big as resize could then be harder.

Please let us know if you need any further information or support, we’re always happy to help! :smile:

Dear,

At the moment, I have stored all of my symbols in the project library, instead of the site library, because I cannot save the “site assets”?
The “save”-window tells me that I cannot save bmml-extensions.
However, this only happens when I check the site assets file. When I uncheck this file, I can save all of the other bmml-files.

What can I do about this?

Kind regards,
Willem Goossens

Hey again @wgoossens,

I’m sorry about the save issues you’re having, I imagine it’s been a real hassle :person_frowning:.

We had some weirdness with myBalsamiq earlier today, and I wonder if you didn’t run into some of that. If you have a chance, would you mind saving again to see if it works now?

If you’re still having issues, shoot us an email at support@balsamiq.com and we will see what is going on