[IMPLEMENTED] Balsamiq does not support OSX horizontal scrolling

Balsamiq Edit: This has been implemented in version 3.3.10

Horizontal scrolling can be activated in OSX by using SHIFT-Scroll wheel. Balsamiqs does not support this type of scrolling.

Thanks for the feedback @Colin_Heics. I’ll add the request to our tracker for our development team to look at this issue.

Hi @Colin_Heics ,

We just released our latest official version (3.3.11). Just hold SHIFT and scroll up and down, and we’ll interpret it as horizontal scrolling.

Thanks again for the suggestion! :slight_smile:

The new version (3.3.11) is available here.
And the complete release notes are here.

I don’t recall having this issue before I just updated, but how is it possible that so many other native apps can support 2-dimensional scrolling with two-finger drag on a touchpad but Balsamiq cannot? Since this is two years old I’m guessing it was fixed, but it’s back if so.

Sorry again, @Matt_Laurence. Mockups 3 for Desktop isn’t actually a native app (which is part of the problem), it’s built on top of the Adobe Flex framework. Their most recent update is what broke horizontal scrolling, and we are waiting for them to fix that.

The next generation of our desktop app will be completely native, which should solve this issue.