[IMPLEMENTED] Branching to alternates

Balsamiq Edit: This has been implemented in version 3.3.14

Ok, I could really use a way to branch to alternates during a presentation OR be able to end a presentation and restart it again showing only alternates.

Here’s why:
I have a rather lengthy project (40+ mu’s) and it has yet to be decided if new entries would be allowed or not so, I’ve been instructed to show what screens would look like in either case.

The problem is that through navigation of the application, a drill-down path is created for either path and I cannot show this unless I make all the alternates officials!

Perhaps an option from the right side options panel?
Maybe a option when beginning a presentation?

Anything would help.

Sincerely,
Mike

Sorry that this continues to be a pain for you @Michael_Paparo. It’s definitely on our radar as something we want to do.

Right now, if you want to give a presentation of your alternates, you could set them as the focus in the navigator. Leaving the alternates in focus will allow you to give a presentation of only your alternates.

It’s not the perfect answer, but it should help while we work on this feature.

I’m sorry again for any frustration this is causing you, my friend. It’s something we want to do!

Ok, please let me know when it’s available.
It seems mentioning alternates to the boss has made them a tool that we use frequently.

Mike.

This is important to me too. I want to be in presentation mode to show off a workflow and then go through an alternate workflow.

A workaround aside from what you have suggested would be to promote all alternates in a copy of the project but this could get complicated and confusing.

I look forward to seeing this in a future version.

After chatting with Mike (our Mike) about this, he had another suggestion that would be a better workaround.

We recently introduced the ability to duplicate an alternate as a new mockup. Using that, you could create two separate Mockup Hierarchies. One with the main project, and one with the alternates.

And we will talk about what we can do to streamline this in the future. I’m sorry again for the hassle, my friends.

Brendan,
I’ve been reading about Hierarchy and duplicating alternates which were links in your response and came across Project Alternates. Wouldn’t this be more along the lines of what I had explained earlier?

Mike.

It’s really close @Michael_Paparo, but you would have to rename all your alternates to have the same name. If that’s not a problem for you, using Project alternates would work.

I’m sorry I didn’t bring it up before!

Hi friends,

We wanted to share the good news here too: we just released our latest official version (3.3.14) including this feature!
You can now select alternates easily both from the navigator menu and the fullscreen navigator menu,

Thanks again for the request! :slight_smile:

The new version (3.3.14) is available here.
And the complete release notes are here if needed.

Happy Wireframing!