I’m loving Mock Up!
One thing that would speed up my app design is to have the option to instance items (especially text fields), so that when they are changed on one Mockup page, they automatically change in the other ones.
Maybe I’m designing my app wrong, but here’s my workflow:
- I make what I think is a half way decent interface for a page
- I duplicate & rename it, cover it with a semi-transparent rectangle, and throw an Pop up on top of it
- Repeat step 2 a few times, depending on options for a page.
- Realize that that page’s interface needs changing.
- Redo the change in all the above mockups, and having to move the semi-transparent rectangle out of the way to make the change, then move it back (because I don’t know how to select underneath it)
- Repeat this process a few times, because yay iteration!
Anyway, does this functionality already exist? Is it something that could be implemented? This feature is fairly common in 3D programs, and I could see how it would help this program as well. Again though, the end user would need the option to instance or copy. There are good reasons to do one or the other in the same project.