[IMPLEMENTED] Macro {mockup-name} doesn't work when used in the browser element


#1

Balsamiq Edit: This has been implemented in version 3.3.11


I tried using {mockup-name} in the browser element to let it show the title of the mockup so I can keep the browser element locked but this doesn’t appear to work.

I’m working with Balsamiq 3.3.9 on a windows machine.


#2

Sorry about the snag here, @cschriemer.

The mockup name macro only works in controls that support text formatting - that’s why it’s not working in the browser.

But, that being said, I can totally see how it would be useful to use mockup-name in the browser’s title bar. I’m going to file the feature request, and we will talk about it.

A potential workaround would be to create a symbol with a browser and label control. Make the title (or URL) of the browser blank, and then overlay the label with the mockup-name macro. That way you have a customizable browser control that uses the mockup-name macro.

Hopefully that helps for now. We will see what we can do about allowing mockup-name in more places :slight_smile:


#3

Ah thanks for the quick reply! I’ll try that as soon as I’m at work again! Thanks for the idea!


#4

Here is the one I made. You can bring it into your project using Project > Import > BMML Symbol Libraries.

Browser With Name.bmml (1.1 KB)

I should have included it earlier, sorry about that! :slight_smile:


#5

I’m working on this again today and it works really well! Thanks so much for your suggestion :smile:


#6

Hi @cschriemer,

We just released our latest official version (3.3.11) and you can now use the {mockup-name} macro in the Browser control.

Thanks again for the report! :slight_smile:

The new version (3.3.11) is available here.
And the complete release notes are here.


#7

Hi!

I just pulled the update and noticed the change, thanks so much for implementing this feature!! :smile: