[IMPLEMENTED] Tiny enhancement suggestion - select icon with keyboard

Balsamiq Edit: This has been implemented in version 3.4.2

Hey Guys,

When I search for an icon within the inspector, I type the name of the kind of icon I am looking for.

The app returns a list of icon suggestions (great!). But now I have to switch to the mouse to select one.

It would be great if I could move the focus to one of the suggested icons by using the right or left arrow keys.

Enter key already lets me select the icon that is in focus, so this tiny little change would mean I don’t have to switch between keyboard and mouse in this instance.

Hi @MikeH,

Thanks for the suggestion! I’m adding your vote for this and I will bring this topic during our next meeting to discuss it further with the team. We only want to make sure that this doesn’t mess up any existing workflow. :slight_smile:

As usual, if other would like to see this, please share your vote by adding your heart/commenting here.

Thanks @Virgin – appreciated :slight_smile:

Yes have considered asking for this myself. I’m also trying to hit the down arrow then left/right to select one.
Maybe TAB’ing would also work.

Hi @MikeH and @Ryan,

We just released our latest official version (3.4.2) and it includes the ability to navigate the icon inspector pulldown with arrow keys. :slight_smile:

Thanks again for sharing your need about this one!

The new version (3.4.2) is available here.
And the complete release notes are here if needed.

Wow, that was quick!!!

Thanks @Virgin

Thanks V (& team)!