Import Assets Location - Mockups 3 Desktop

I’d like to know where on my hard drive, imported assets go. I’m running the latest version of OS X and the latest version of Mockups 3 Desktop. Does anyone know?

Hey @gdnovey!

Once you import assets into your Mockups 3 project, they live inside the project (.bmpr) file. In fact, everything (from your mockups to symbols) is stored in that file. This makes it a lot easier to share!

If you want to see what assets are currently stored in your .bmpr file, you can go to View > Assets. You can also delete and add assets from that view if you need to.

Check out our Mockups 3 transition guide for more information! We can also answer any questions you may have along the way. :slight_smile:

What about assets that I want to share across projects? For example, the Material Design icons from Google. Seems like there should be a way to define an asset as local vs. global.

Account level assets are something we are trying to figure out for Mockups 3 - you are not the first person to ask about them.

We have a couple of ideas for how we think we could implement them, and I’ll make sure folks know that you want them too.

For now, if you create a project file with just the Material Design Icons and save it, you can use that project as a template, duplicating it anytime need those icons. You can also drag assets in between projects.

We want to bring account assets back, @gdnovey, we just want to make sure that it’s in a way that doesn’t make sharing files harder. :slight_smile: