Import bmml in JIRA

Hello,

I have .bmml files created some time ago that I need to add to a JIRA user story.
The Balsamiq plugin allows importing assets, wireframe JSON and from BMPR.
But not from BMML.
Is there a workaround?
Thank you very much

Hi @fab231262 and thanks for getting in touch about this.

Our latest Jira add-ons do not handle the BMML file format but our new BMPR file format instead. This is why existing files are migrated when you update the plugin.

The only way to import existing BMML files to a project requires using our Desktop product, Mockups 3 for Desktop, to import the files and migrate them to the BMPR file format.

Once that’s done, you can then import the resulting BMPR file to a newly created project in Balsamiq Wireframes for Jira (Cloud or Server).

We know that this process is not ideal and we’ll be happy to help with migrating those old files if needed. Feel free to reach out directly via support@balsamiq.com in case you’d like some help with this. :slight_smile:

Thank you.

I will upgrade my Balsamiq old version where I created the bmml and migrate to Mockup 3 as you suggest, hoping for the best.

I might come back to you in case of issues, because we have lots of old bmml files that will probably be reused for a new project.

Kind regards,

Fabienne

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, Atos’ liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted. On all offers and agreements under which Atos Belgium N.V./S.A. supplies goods and/or services of whatever nature, the General Terms and Conditions from Atos Belgium N.V./S.A . exclusively apply. The General Terms and Conditions shall be promptly submitted to you on your request.

Atos Belgium N.V/S.A

Da Vincilaan 5

B-1930 Zaventem

RPR-RPM Brussels

BTW/TVA: BE 0401 848 135

One last thing, Fabienne. Since you only need our Desktop product for migrating these files, the free 30-day trial should be sufficient but if you need more time, don’t hesitate to send us an email and we’ll be happy to extend it for you.

Have a great weekend!

Great!

Thanks a lot.

Fabienne

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, Atos’ liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted. On all offers and agreements under which Atos Belgium N.V./S.A. supplies goods and/or services of whatever nature, the General Terms and Conditions from Atos Belgium N.V./S.A . exclusively apply. The General Terms and Conditions shall be promptly submitted to you on your request.

Atos Belgium N.V/S.A

Da Vincilaan 5

B-1930 Zaventem

RPR-RPM Brussels

BTW/TVA: BE 0401 848 135