Import of M2 mockups leads to symbols not being found


#1

I’ve attempted to import a (actually quite large) set of mockups created with the 2.2.24 version, but I’m unsuccessful with either 3.1.7, 3.1.9 or the latest preview release of today. I get “symbol not found” message many times, sometimes I got small, black rectangles instead (the latter, however, I wasn’t able to reproduce).

Below are screenshots of both 3.1.7 and 3.1.9 showing the problem.


I’ve created a zip archive of a reduced set up (with broken links etc.), which I’ve used to create the screenshots above: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eu0tq36vwp1yyds/Broken%20import.zip?dl=0.

I only use per-project assets here and couldn’t find anything suspicious in the original BMMLs. I tried to open the BMPR archive to have a look, but didn’t manage to unpack it.

Does anyone else experience this?

Thanks
Andreas


#2

Hi Andreas,

Sorry you’ve hit this snag.

Thanks to the details you provided and the file you shared, we were able to reproduce the issue here and I passed it on to the dev team.

They are actually working on fixing the issue, which seems to be coming from some characters included in symbols names.

I’ll let you know as soon as I have more informations to share and hopefully a fix for this. :wink:


#3

Hi Andreas,

Sorry again for the hassle with this snag.

Good news! We were able to fix your issue with symbols not showing up in our latest pre-release version available here: https://balsamiq.com/download/next/

Just a reminder that this is a pre-release version, so we do not recommend using it on mission-critical work. :wink:


#4

Hi Virgin. This is great news. Thanks for addressing this so swiftly.

Quickly checked it with Balsamiq_Mockups_3.999.695.dmg and can confirm this works. Thanks a lot.