Balsamiq Community Discussion

Input text does not work

Hi all,
sorry if my question looks quite stupid ! as I am new to Balsamiq and to this forum as well.

I am using the 30 days free trial, and I am trying to make a registration page which include username and ( input text) to allow user to enter their own name. However, unfortunately, once I open it from the presentation to test it, it does not allow me to enter any data in the input text! is this is the case with Balsamiq or there is any issue I have to resolve it. Please do let me know ASAP!

Thank you so much,

Hi @Mesh,

Thanks for the post. You’re not doing anything wrong!

It’s important to understand that Balsamiq is a low-fidelity wireframing tool which means you’d typically use it for laying out and brainstorming user interfaces and user experiences but the controls are not interactive.

It can be quite a subtle distinction - between wireframing and other design tools - so maybe this background reading will help explain where we’re coming from: How Does Balsamiq Compare to Other UI/UX Tools?

Hope this helps - get back to me with any other questions. Have a great weekend!

Thank you so much.
could you please suggest me with something similar to Balsamiq ( very easy to use) but It can do interaction functionality.

thanks again,

Hi @Mesh,

It sounds like you’re looking for a more traditional prototyping tool so I’d suggest you check out tools like Axure in the “Prototyping Tools” section in the link I gave.

Good luck with your search!