Balsamiq Community Discussion

Issue with Minimized view in Windows

Updated to the latest version 3.1.8 of Balsamiq Desktop. Did notice that in Windows 7, the task bar does not display the Balsamiq icon and hence it is somewhat difficult to identify Balsamiq when it is minimized.

Srini

For the sake of completeness: Win8 works fine

I use Win7 and it looks fine:

Hi @srinibs,

Sorry you’ve hit this snag.

We were unable to reproduce the issue here in Windows 7. BTW thanks for sharing @heringsfilet and @Liubi.

Have you tried to reinstall the software by any chance? If not, please download it here and have a try: https://balsamiq.com/download

Let us know if you still have the issue.

Did a restart of my machine and the issue vanished. Sorry for the trouble and thanks for the quick response.

Srini

@virgin This is an issue that I have seen reliably on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. It happens when you install a new version of balsamiq, then the pinned task bar icon is lost and replaced by the generic icon shown in @srinibs screenshot. The only way I found of repairing this is to unpin balsamiq from the task bar, start the program, and pin it again. Then it works until the next update …
I know this may be just cosmetic, but it would be nice to have a reliable behavior here as in all other Windows applications.

Totally agree, Phillip. We get this behavior because it’s a completely new application, not an update-in-place.

This will get better with the native app!