Balsamiq Community Discussion

Keep loosing links in sitemap

Hello

I have a sitemap in my website project and added the links to all the pages. Everytime I add a new “page” to the sitemap, I “loose” all the links and have to re-ad them. That’s very exhausting …

Thanks for help
Jan

Hi @jharp and sorry for the hassle.

I’ve just tried to reproduce this using our Site Map control and the “Populate from project” option but the links seem to work fine on my end, after adding new wireframes to the project.

Would you mind sharing more details (and maybe the related project) via support@balsamiq.com so that we can look into it?

Thanks!

Hi Virgin

I’ve also just tried to reproduce and I can’t make it happen again. I will observe and let you know when it happens again (and hopefully how …)

Thanks!
Jan

1 Like

Hi Virgin

So it happened again. To clarify:

• the sitemap has been made manually, not populated from project
  • I then added the links manually as well

Also, I work from two different work stations.
Yesterday I edited the project from my desktop computer. Today I opened it with my laptop and manually removed two entries from the sitemap. That caused all the links getting resetted to “none”.

kind regards
Jan

Hi Jan and thanks for sharing more details.

I’m still unable to reproduce the issue here so I might be missing some steps. Would you mind emailing us about it via support@balsamiq.com so we can take it from there and maybe set up a video call if needed?

We’ll do our best to help!