Link Mock-up elements between pages, for formatting

Hi Balsamiq support members,

I have a question for the team, that I hope you can answer. During some modifications between screens I notice a small change on one, meant I had to replicate across the other pages.

My question for the team is, is there a way that if I make a format change, say an icon change, on one element that I can “link” that change to other screens?

i have attached two shots for reference.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
Chris

Hi @Christopher_Davidson,
Here is something that works for me when creating mockups. If you have similar content between mockups, you could use the Symbols feature to help with this. Symbols are like templates in Mockups. Take a look at this page to get a better understanding how Symbols work. Basically using a Symbol allows you to make changes to the Symbol and have these changes updated on the individual mockups.

Hi @Christopher_Davidson,

Symbols are indeed the best way to achieve this, as suggested by @russ. :slight_smile:

Please let us know if you need any further assistance with this, we’ll be happy to help!

Awesome!

Thank you both for your guidance.

I must get more comfortable with the documentation online.

Kind Regards,
Chris

Hey,

I was working with the symbols and read the documentation and have a question.

Why is there no ability to combine multiple symbols into a new symbol?

I tried this with

1. Toolbar, mentioned earlier
  2. Home Page

I am able to group them and name the group, but the Convert to Symbol button is inactive.

Is this expected behavior?

Thank you and Kind Regards,
Chris

Nested Symbols are coming, @Christopher_Davidson.

They turned out to be a bit more complex than we anticipated, but we are getting there. :slight_smile:

We are hoping to get them into the next big feature release of Mockups.

cool! Thanks!