Balsamiq Community Discussion

macOS 10.15 Catalina and Adobe AIR / balsamiq?

Hi!

I haven’t used Balsamiq in quite a while (I know, shame on me :wink: ) and have since upgraded to the beta for macOS, 10.15 Catalina. Now it seems macOS doesn’t allow 31-bit applications, e.g. Adobe AIR / Balsamiq combo, to run.

Is there a way to solve this? How? Run the balsamiq beta? But how about Adobe Air then?

Hi @niclasc and thanks for raising the topic!

We’re getting closer to the release of our upcoming new major Desktop version (native) so trying out our beta version is definitely an option. Let me know if you’d like to join our beta program.

Regarding our current Desktop version, I don’t have an answer for you today but I’ve looped in our dev team and we’re going to take a closer look and get back to you as soon as we have more details to share.

Thanks again for your post today!

1 Like

Quick update @niclasc: we’ll run some more tests but it looks like we should be compatible. Have you tried installing our latest current version (3.5.17) there yet?

3.5.17 is Stand alone or Air-based?

Hi @niclasc,

All versions - including the latest 3.5.17 - are based on Adobe Air. We’re hard at work on the new, native versions of the macOS and Windows apps but they’re not quite ready yet. when those ship, our dependency on Air will be a thing of the past.

Ok then I’m screwed, unless I can be part of the beta

We’ll be running more tests and will keep you in the loop, @niclasc. In the meantime, I have shared instructions for joining the beta if you’d like.

Best,

Yes, pls send that over! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@niclasc Quick update on Mockups 3 for Desktop and macOS Catalina: we are able to run the app on our end but we also could reproduce the issue so we’ll keep investigating for now.

I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it and now it works! I thought it was Adobe Air that was the issue, but it seems it was an old version of my Balsamiq 3

2 Likes