Mapping UI elements on XSD elements

Hi,

would it be possible to map UI elements on elements of an XSD ? Purpose: let know them developer guys which UI element with which XSD elements corresponds…

I tried to over JSON, but ist not the simplest way: Export to JSON, convert JSON into XSD anf map UI XSD with data XSD with Altova MapForce.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Michel

Hey again @Michel777

Sorry I didn’t get back to you quicker on this one, I wanted to do a little research first.

I’m not super familiar with the ins and outs of XSD, but you can export your project to XML by using Project > Export > Project as BMML Zip. The resulting zip file will have a collection of BMML files in it (one for each mockup in your project). The BMML files are just renamed XML files - so you can open them in the text editor of your choice.

Let me know if that helps :slight_smile:

Hi Brendan, thanks again for your fast response, first of all for your effort !
Yes, I tried already it… My expectation (they are very high, I know) were: to get an XSD, where each element corresponds to one element on Mockup. That means: the name of elements (XSD and Mockup ) are identical. The BMML File contains elements, where the significant descriptors (ID) are declared as an attribute (e.g. <xs:attribute name=“controlID” type=“xs:byte” use=“required”/>). Perhaps there is a way with XSLT (or simply with MapForce) to generate the desired format.
Warm regards, Michel

Went back and spoke to the devs about this, and exporting to XSD may be something we do eventually, but it’s down the road a bit.

It’s on our radar though, @Michel777!