Menu Bar Border and background color features

Hi,

It would be great if a Menu bar, Progress Bar etc. in the Inspector section has the following Color functionality:

• Border Color
  • Background Color

Thanks

Hi again @Das,

Here is a quick way to achieve this:

• Add a Rectangle control
  • Set its border and background color to the desired ones
  • Set its opacity to 25%
  • Move and resize the rectangle so that it overlays the Menu Bar/Progress Bar control

Here is the result for a Menu Bar and a Progress Bar:

Hope this helps!

Yes, works fine,

I was trying before the opposite:
Having a rectangle behind the Menu Bar as I thought the Menu Bar would be transparent.
But that didn’t seem to be the case :wink:

This works, BUT as we are working with a lot of colleagues on building templates currently, this will need some guidance and training to all these people, which wouldn’t be needed if the functionality is available.

So I still would like to recommend this feature for a future version.
As now updating the Menu Bar is not easy anymore, you need to move the layer of the rectangle first, before this editing can be done.

Thanks for the quick work around in the mean time.

Tried your suggestion and couldn’t get it to work

Don’t know if this image of my menu bar will display.

1. Added a Rectangle control
  2. Set its border and background color to the same color as the background rectangle the menu bar is placed on top of
  3. Set the opacity of rectangle to 25%
  4. Placed it directly over the Menu Bar/Progress Bar control

What am I doing wrong?

Hey @LilyJ

I’m having a hard time figuring out what went wrong there. Would it be possible to share the project with us? We can take a peek and see if we can’t get it to work the way you want.

You can email it to us at support@balsamiq.com

Sure–I’ll email it. I just started yesterday–so far just experimenting–trying to create a layout for homepage for my web designer.

This method doesn’t work.
The menu is not clickable anymore. Why is it so difficult to change color of objects?
Wanted to change the color of the selection as well and it’s not possible.

Hi @BrunoCorte,

Sorry for the hassle with this. You’re right, that method adds an extra step for links if you need to use those in the overlayed control. I’m adding your vote for adding the color to the Menu Bar control.

In the meantime, you can still use links there by using small rectangle to overlay the Menu Bar and link them, as shown below:

Then, you can also have a specific color for the selected item if needed.

Hope this helps! Please let us know if you need anything else. :slight_smile:

Hi

I would like to be able to set the background colour and text colour in the menu bar too. Hope you can bring this in soon. thanks