Mock up to alternate

Is it possible to make an existing mock up into an alternate for another screen?

Mike.

Not directly, Michael, but if you go to Project > Export > Mockup JSON, you can create the alternate on the other Mockup and select Project > Import > Mockup JSON.

That should give you what you’re looking for. If not, let me know! :slight_smile:

Brendan,
I exported the MU I want to be the alternate to Mockup JSON, then created an alternate for the screen and when I imported the JSON MU to the alternate, something weird happened…

The import seemed successful but both the original and alternate changed and I could no longer access the alternate from the original…!

The Alternate Versions box, bottom right corner, was not available even though I saw the three circles in the lower right corner of the original in the navigator window.

Don’t know if I did something wrong or stumbled on a bug.

Mike.

That…doesn’t sound right at all, Michael.

Would it be possible to send the file to support@balsamiq.com? That will let me have a look and see if I can figure out what went wrong.

On it’s way…

Got it! Digging in now :).

Does this happen every time, Michael? Or was it just that once?

Try closing Mockups, opening the project, and trying again. I wonder if the app got crabby.