Mockups 3 Export->Import MyBasalmiq=Empty Project?

Multi-mockup project. Click ‘Export Project…’, go to myBalsamiq, Import, select the zip file created. Wheels turn, gears grind. The imported project eventually shows up in myBalsamiq, but it’s empty. Has ‘(0)’ next to the name. Tried it several times.

Hey @jbrin, I’m sorry for the trouble!

I’d love to help you get this project into myBalsamiq. Would it be possible for you to email the project to me at support@balsamiq.com? That way I can poke at it and see if I can upload it to our supoort myBalsamiq site.

We would treat your data with the strictest confidence and only hold on to it long enough to diagnose the problem.

If that’s not possible, there are a couple things you and I can try from here. If you unzip the exported zip file, are you able to import one of the .bmml files, or does that fail as well?

Sorry again for the hassle, but we will get to the bottom of this!

Hello,

I am having the same issue. Is there a resolution?

Thanks!

Hey @Jackie_Giordano,

What’s probably happening is that there is a file in that zip file that myBalsamiq doesn’t like. And, rather than telling you that, it just fails silently when it tries to import.

If you send me the project, I’d be happy to take a look and figure out what’s up!

Let me know if that works for you :slight_smile:

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for you help. My file is attached. I have a bunch of images in
there, maybe those are the problem. Is there a way to embed them or
something?

Thanks!

Sorry @Jackie_Giordano, it doesn’t look like the file made it to us.

You may have to email it directly to support@balsamiq.com.

Sorry for the continued hassle with this. We will get it sorted!