Mockups for gDrive export broken

I just tried to something I have done with no problem many times in the past. I clicked Project > Export > Current Mockup to PNG…

In the past it would present a dialog that allowed me to download to my local machine. Now it is presenting a dialog where I click on “Download” but it saves the image to my google drive. ie. it does not present an option to save it to my local machine into a directory.

Is something broken or is this a new feature where it will only go to the google drive?

Hey @abierbaum,

We recently had to change the way Mockups 3 for Google Drive exports because of a change to Google Chrome. I’m sorry that we weren’t better about communicating this change.

One thing you can do now, if you want, is install the Google Drive Desktop App which mirrors your Google Drive to a local folder (like Dropbox). That would allow the PDFs to be saved to your computer without the extra download step.

I’m sorry again for not making this change more apparent. I will write a FAQ right now! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I run Linux on my desktop, so I can’t run the drive application. :frowning:

Is it possible to work around this issue if I use a different browser or change a setting in Chrome or anything like that? I can’t think of another way to make it easy to get these images into my spec documents without a bit of pain.

Ahh, I’m sorry about that @abierbaum.

I’ll check with Sax to see if there is anything we can do about this on a per browser basis.

In the mean time, you may want to check out Insync or rclone for automatic GDrive syncing on Linux.

I’m sorry again for any hassle this is causing you. I will check to see if there is a way we can help out our Linux users.