Mockups not showing after migration


#1

Hello,

After migration from Confluence 3.5.7 to 5.8.4, mockups are not showing anymore, nor can be edited.
The reason is that ‘Version’ and ‘Name’ properties are not setup properly.
More specifically, this is what we have after the migration:

<p>
  <ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="08531f28-34b3-41b9-8297-0a85e7b1be97" ac:name="mockup" ac:schema-version="1">
    <ac:parameter ac:name="1">28</ac:parameter>
    <ac:parameter ac:name="">test</ac:parameter>
  </ac:structured-macro>
</p>

And this is how it should look like in order for the mockup to be displayed properly (I already tested it):

<p>
  <ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="08531f28-34b3-41b9-8297-0a85e7b1be97" ac:name="mockup" ac:schema-version="1">
    <ac:parameter ac:name="Version">28</ac:parameter>
    <ac:parameter ac:name="Name">test</ac:parameter>
  </ac:structured-macro>
</p>

Could you please advise how to fix this problem in an automatic way for all mockups of our Confluence instance, which are indeed many (500+)?

Thanks,
Ioannis


#2

Hi Loannis,

Sorry for the snag in the migration process.

Have you tried to reboot of the Confluence server by any chance? This may help in this case.

Our plugin expert had a look at this issue and in case it persists after the reload, this might be due to the Atlassian Confluence macro syntax has been changed in from 3.x to 5.x.

Following the advice of the Atlassian gurus the correct procedure in order to migrate properly should be:

  • in the Confluence 3.x instance, before migrating, upgrade to the latest version of the Balsamiq plugin compatible
  • migrate the Confluence from 3.x to 5.x
  • upgrade Balsamiq plugin to the latest version

If the issue is still there, could you please tell us which version of Balsamiq plugin you are running?

Sorry again for the snag, we’ll get to the bottom of this. Please let us know if you need any further information, we’re happy to help however we can! :smile:


#3

Dear Virgin,

We do have restarted Confluence several times, and we did do the migration the way you proposed.
We are currenty using version 2.2.29.

Thanks,
Ioannis


#4

Hey Loannis,

Sorry again for the ongoing snag.

Could you please reset back to Confluence 3.5.7 and try it again with Balsamiq 2.2.10 which is compatible with both 3.5.7 and 5.X versions.

You can download this version (2.2.10) here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.balsamiq.confluence.plugins.mockups/versions

The steps to perform should be the following:

  • in the Confluence 3.x instance, before migrating, upgrade to the version 2.2.10 of the Balsamiq plugin
  • migrate the Confluence from 3.x to 5.x (this should migrate the macro too)
  • upgrade the Balsamiq plugin to the latest version

Please let us know if this works for you. Thanks for your patience on this.


#5

Dear Virgin,

Unfortunately this is not an option as the new version of Confluence is already in production.
There is no way of going back.
We definetely need some script to fix this situation.

Thanks,
Ioannis


#6

Dear Virgin,

Any update maybe?

Thanks,
Ioannis


#7

Hi Loannis,

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. Our dev team has been looking into solving this issue from our plugin directly but the conversion via script couldn’t be done in there.

We raised the issue to Atlassian in the hope to find a sustainable solution with their help. Here it the topic we created, you could watch it to help increasing the priority of the request: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/31655029/how-to-migrate-a-macro-3x-to-4x-in-existing-content


#8

The solution is to provide a way of ‘fixing up’ the broken pages by setting the version in the macro to match the latest version of the xml data attchment and generating the placeholder images to match the versions.

This would probably be best implemented as a LongRunningTask that an admin can kick off any time they go out of sync.


#9

Hi all!
I need your help!
We migrated to Confluence Balsamiq and following the instructions described in this topic above. But faced with a problem: muckups displayed, but you can not edit them, i.e. “Edit” non-displayed .
Tell me, what am I doing wrong?


#10

So sorry for the trouble with this @casper!

I just replied to your email with some informations that might help. I’ll be waiting for your reply to see if the issue is solved. We’ll dig deeper if needed!


#11

Yes, it helped in part. Mockups are displayed but not edited. How can I fix it?


#12

Hi again @casper,

Would you mind sending me your reply about the license details to support@balsamiq.com so we can take it from there?

Sorry again for the hassle, I’m looking forward to help you more with this one.


#13

Hi @Virgin

I am send llicense details to support@balsamiq.com.


#14

Hi Virgin,

Thanks for answers. We have solved this problem. We have followed this order of Confluence versions to update properly: 3.5.x - 4.3.7 - 5.0.3 - 5.9.x.
This update from 3.5.13 to 4.3.7 updates content and macroses correctly. Now Balsamiq plug-in works correctly.
Please correct the procedure of updating from older versions to the latest on this page https://support.balsamiq.com/plugins/upgradingconfluence/


#15

Thanks so much for letting us know about this and for sharing the tip, Yulia!

We’re glad to hear that the issue is now solved on your end. You know where to find us if you need anything in the future. :slight_smile: