Mouse cursor icon for links

Hi there!
We’re using Balsamiq to run usability tests with quite extensive prototypes. While designing the prototypes is a great experience in Balsamiq, there seems to be a problem when testing these prototypes afterwards:

When the user hovers a link to another mockup, the mouse cursor icon changes from the default arrow to a hand. Test participants use this as a visual clue to find “the right” UI elements to solve a particular test case. Consequently, this renders the test results useless in most of our cases. It would be great, if there was a setting to prevent the mouse cursor from changing.

We tried to manipulate the Windows mouse cursor settings, but in contrast to, e.g., Firefox and Chrome, Balsamiq does not reflect these changes. Thus, we’re using a very tedious work-around: add self-referencing fake links for all other UI elements to each and every mockup. Would anyone know a more sophisticated way to do it? Thank you.

[BUG] "Go to Mockup" does not work

Hi @moos,

Sorry for the hassle with this. I’ve just filed this feature request in our internal tool so we can review it more with the team. If others would like to see this feature, please let us know (or add your Like/Heart vote above) to help us prioritize this request.

It seems like the workaround that you are using is the best way to help with this for now but I will loop in our UI experts to see if they can think of anything else.

Thanks for taking the time to share your need with us today, Morin. Please let us know if you need anything else! :slight_smile:

Just to clarify @moos: you are testing the prototypes using the Full Screen Presentation mode, right?
I just want to make sure that we got this the right way. :slight_smile:

Hi @Virgin,

Thank you very much for the quick response! Yes, we’re actually testing the prototypes in the Full Screen Presentation mode. I would be really excited to see this feature in one of the next releases :slight_smile:

Hey there, are there any news on this issue?

We are hoping the mouse cursor will respect the Windows setting in the native desktop apps we are building, @moos. More news on that soon!