Multiple links on same line of grid

Gentlemen,
Been a while…

I have a grid that contains multiple columns.
Some of these columns are links which will be clicked to open detail windows and listings.

What I’m trying to accomplish is to have a field in a column be a link that links to another page and ON THE SAME LINE of the grid, have another column field link to a different page and so on for two other columns.

Is this possible?

All I can seem to do at this point is use a different line for each scenario but still only the first column (link) is what is clicked on to display the new page because this is what is offered in the properties of the grid. This naturally led to someone asking “why are you clicking on the same column each time?”

Mike.

Michael! How are you my friend?

I think I’m understanding what you’re looking for here, but please say if I’ve missed something.

If I set up a Data Grid like this:

Column 1, Column 2 [Link 1], [Link 2] [Link 3]

I believe I get the output you are looking for

Any text you surround in square brackets ( [ ] ) will be linkable, even if it is on the same line.

Is that what you were looking for, Michael? Let me know :slight_smile:

Yes Brendan, that is exactly what I was hoping for but I do not get those same results!

I have ten rows x five columns in my grid.
The first column contains links as does the third and fifth columns.
In the properties window, all I see are the links from the first column, all ten of them and that’s it.

Mike

Hrm…I wonder if there is something else in those Data Grids that is gumming up the works. Sometimes, using an \r after a link causes problems. Sometimes, a rogue comma can wreak havoc.

Would it be possible to copy the data grid to a new project, and then send me that project, so that I can have a look?

If that’s fine with you and your team, just shoot it over to support@balsamiq.com. If not, you can take a picture of the Data Grids contents, and email that to us, we can work from that as well.

Sorry about that, Michael. We will figure out what’s up

Hi, i must to say that there is another issue here, when you put [link1] [link2] it works, but when you put something like [Link1]\r[link2] expecting:

Link1underlined
Link1underlined

then you recieve:

Link1underlined
Link1

Only the first is marked as link.

Hi @Cristian_Felipe_Gall

Would you mind copying the data grid to a new, blank project and mailing the .BMPR file to support@balsamiq and I’ll be happy to have a look.

All the best

Alasdair

SDP - Restablecer evaluacion Formulas.bmpr (38 KB)

done.

Thanks @Cristian_Felipe_Gall!

I see it too. It seems to affect all the controls, not just the data grid. We are going to do a pass on our syntax parsing soon, and I will add this to the list of things to fix. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the report, my friend!

Hi, I’m having the same issue. Do we have a resolution yet?

Hi @JuliaW

There is no fix at this time and I don’t have a timeline right now. I have added your report to our tracking. Thank you for reporting this.

Regards

Alasdair