Negative Numbers in Text - Strange Formatting

When I use a hyphen in front of a number in a text box to indicate a negative number, the number sometimes displays in gray font, and sometimes without the hyphen. It seems inconsistent, and I can’t find any setting controlling that. Just taking out carriage returns on a “good” text box where all the negatives showed in black was enough to turn the top negative gray without hyphen, and the second with no hyphen but black, while the bottom two negative numbers remained fine. Any idea what is causing that? I can make each number a separate box as a workaround, but it would be nice to know what’s going on.

I am using Balsamiq Mockups Version: 3.5.6 for desktop. Thanks!

Sorry about the trouble with this, @lminniear. It looks like the Markdown syntax is causing some issues here.

In your top example, you have -text-, with nothing but a single line break in between, Mockups thinks you want to use disabled text there.

The bottom example has “$10.00” in between, which breaks up the syntax (and giving you the result you’re looking for.)

I’ll see if there is anything we can do about allowing a single line break to stop that.

In the interim, if you escape out of your dashes ("\-$0.50") you shouldn’t have this problem any longer.

I’m sorry again for the hassle, my friend. Let me know if escaping works!

Worked perfectly. Thank you!

At least now whenever you want grey/disabled text you know the easy way to do it :wink: