New Feature: Monospace font when editing grid data

It would be incredibly helpful if a monospace font was used when editting grid data. This would make it easier to align grid data when editing, making it much easier to read. It would also make it easier to keep track of what’s where when switching from read-only mockup view to the editing view.

Hey @aspnetdev, thanks for bringing this up. We know that we have some work to do in order to make the data grid more usable. That is definitely on our list for the future. We don’t have an ETA at this point—there are a number of things that we have to tackle first.

This page goes through some things about the data grid: http://help.balsamiq.com/tables. One thing that you will see at the bottom is that you could paste data in from Excel or a similar spreadsheet program. If you are doing a lot of work in datagrids, that might be something you could look at. Thanks!

Yeah, the datagrid is still a bit stuck in the olden days of Mockups. But it’s okay, it’s perfectly functional!

Funny thing you mention Excel, because after realizing that tabs get interpreted by the datagrid the same as commas, I realized I could just paste the content into Excel and Excel would naturally delimit the content with tabs on its own. So yeah, I started using Excel last night after realizing/remembering this. (It’s been a while since I used Mockups)

Thanks!

P.S. I really like the improvements you’ve made in Mockups 3.
P.P.S. It would also be cool to be able to apply formatting to an entire column by formatting the final curly row. For example, { 25L, 25R, _25R_, *25R* } would make the 3rd and 4th columns italic and bold respectively.

Looking foward to what’s next!

I am curious as to see this in a real life example. Interesting idea though.

Hey @aspnetdev also check out this wonderful resource for working with tables in the browser Table Editor. This can actually be found on the Balsamiq site under Home > Resources > Extensions