Balsamiq Community Discussion

Not much difference between bold and regular font weight

As titled. Thx
Bold

✱Option 1✱
Some text here some text there. Another text here another text there. More text here more text there.
✱Option 2✱
Another text here another text there. More text here more text there. Some text here some text there.
✱Option 3✱
More text here more text there. Some text here some text there. Another text here another text there.

Hi @Gemmy,

Our tool is meant to be a starter tool but here are a couple of options that may help for this specific use case:

• Have you tried using a different font from the Project Info Panel?
  • Alternatively, you could change the size of your titles by using this notation: *{size:16}Option 1{size}*

Hope this helps! Anything else, we’re here. :slight_smile:

Hi @Virgin,

I am aware of the notation for changing size :slight_smile: But what if I were to bold the some of the text within a paragraph? It wouldn’t make sense to use another font size within a paragraph. I should have share this problem as example which I encounter a long time ago.

Sure I will explore more on Project Info Panel and look for other options~ Didn’t know that I can choose another font!

Update: So i checked project info panel. Not every font works well. (e.g. Helvetica) It’s not showing any bold text. But Arial is fine.

Thank you very much!

I’m sorry for the trouble with this, @Gemmy.

The framework we used to build Mockups 3 for Desktop has trouble with some fonts’ bold and italic versions, listing them as completely separate fonts. This will be better in the updated version of the app as we are writing it from scratch.

I wish I had a good solution for it right now, but our hands are tied with what we can fix. I’m sorry :(. It won’t be a problem for much longer. :slight_smile: