Balsamiq Community Discussion

One page website with sections

What’s the recommended approach for one page websites which are now pretty popular with tablets, etc.

More specifically, I’m wondering about:

• Dimensions
  • Keeping track of what’s above the fold
  • Links to sections in the page (bookmarks)

I think I would use H.Rules with the last two strokes.
You can then put in the upper part (or the part below the stroke) a link or button or whatever to link to the new Mockup showing the upper part (or the part below the current).

So you will be able to focus on the given part of the site in your mockup and dont need to have only one mockup.

I really want to create a long mockup because I think it’s important to be able to recreate that user experience (they browse up and down to compare offerings, etc.) - Splitting it in multiple mockups would lose that important experience. I take it you don’t have bookmarks in one mockup?

Thanks!

Oops, looks like there is a size limit to mockups?

Hey @fredlumiere

Mockups’ canvas size is limited to 4056x4056 right now, but it’s something we hope to be able to extend in the future.

Something else that might be useful to you is our Bootstrap Templates on our Mockups to Go community site. Here is how to use it.

Let us know if you have any other questions. :slight_smile:

OK thanks. I’m going to be using Sketch for now, but I appreciate the help!

Its almost 2019, is there any new feature for this. I tried googling but perhaps I am trapped in my own search bubble.

Is there a way to scroll to an anchor now ? [version 3.5.16]

I guess I saw something like a scrollbox object in “mockplus” but I am unable to find one for balsamiq

MM

PS: I checked https://wireframestogo.com
There is no tag match for “one page” “single page” or “SPA” which is what I am trying to wireframe in balsamiq.

We have been pretty heads down on rewriting the entire editor engine, @Mayuresh_Rajwadkar, and I am afraid that features have slowed because of that.

The good news is that we are planning on diving back into features at full strength as soon as we launch the new desktop apps (hopefully in the next 6 months). Scrolling to an anchor is definitely near the top of our list of things to look at.

As for single page websites, this will become easier with the new version as the canvas size is more than double.

I’m sorry that I don’t have this ready for you today, Mayuresh. If there is anything else you’d like to see, please let us know. The feature ground is fertile and ready for ideas!