Balsamiq Community Discussion

PDF Export - Not in Set Order

I recently started using the new Balsamiq 4 version. However, when I export my wireframes to pdf the export is not in the order of my wireframes. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why it is sorted the way it is because each wireframe starts with a numeric value beginning with ‘0’ for the single digits to ensure they are in order. Any idea why this is happening?

Hi Stacy and thanks for getting in touch. This is very curious so let’s get to the bottom of it…

I did a quick first pass check this this with a couple of projects and I’m not able to reproduce it so let me gather a little information so I can dig deeper, ok?

Which version of Balsamiq are you using?

Which OS platform - macOS or Windows - are you on?

If you are using one of our browser-based versions, which browser are you using?

Are you exporting all wireframes or a set of wireframes?

Let’s start with these questions and we’ll go from there.

Which version of Balsamiq are you using? 4.1.2

Which OS platform - macOS or Windows - are you on? Windows

If you are using one of our browser-based versions, which browser are you using? No

Are you exporting all wireframes or a set of wireframes? All

Thanks Stacy. I’m still unable to reproduce this in Balsamiq Wireframes for Desktop 4.1.2 on Windows so this is a head-scratcher.

It will probably be quicker and easier to diagnose this if we can take a look at the project file in question - would that be possible? Of course, we’ll only keep it as long as needed for the investigation and only Balsamiq staff will have access.

If so, would you email the .BMPR file to support@balsamiq.com. If it’s too large to attach to an email, you can send it via a Dropbox link or using a file-transfer service like https://wetransfer.com/ or such.

I just sent because I was not able to access the file transfer service. Please confirm if you receive or not.

We have received your project file @Stacy. Give me a little time to investigate and I’ll be back in touch.