PDF Export without Markups

Is it possible to export my project to PDF while leaving out the markup elements on the mockups?
This is something I would use a lot, so i could have 2 versions of exports, 1 with the markup notes for the developers and one without for giving demos

Hey @lolobeize,

Thanks for getting in touch about this.

Right now, there is no way to export a PDF without markup in myBalsamiq, and I’m sorry about that. The good news is that not only is it a highly requested feature, it is something that we are building into the next major myBalsamiq update.

I don’t have a date on that yet, but we are hoping to have some news for folks soon! :slight_smile:

Any update on exporting to PDF (or to .png) without markup?

E.g. when showing user-interfaces as printouts to users one often does not want to have markup on screens while developers usually need the markup. So as a balsamiq user one needs to be able to decide if markup is to get exported or not.

Hi @jan and thanks for checking on this one! :slight_smile:

While we didn’t implement this option in the tool yet, the next major release (native!) that we are preparing for our web version will allow you to toggle on/off markup elements before exporting to PDF or PNG.

No ETA for the official yet but we’ll make sure to keep you all up to date here.

I’ve also added your vote for making this an option for the PDF export dialog, as it would make it even easier.

Thanks again for sharing your need. We’ll be here if you need anything else.

It’s been 2.5 years since this was promised. Any updates on this? It shouldn’t be that hard to implement.

Hi @Chris_Kim,

The latest version of our web-hosted app - Balsamiq Cloud - now offers this feature: the exported PDF will respect the state of the Markup in your project so just toggle it on or off before exporting the PDF and it will appear, or not, in the exported PDF.

Other versions of our app (e.g. Balsamiq Wireframes for Google Drive) based on the Balsamiq Wireframes engine also support the feature.

We’re now working hard on the desktop apps based on the BW engine so that the desktop apps can benefit from features such as this. Those apps will ship later this year. Sorry to not have a more accurate timeline at this time - I know that can be frustrating - but we’ll update the Blog with news as the release gets closer.