Possible Bug in 3.5.13 & 3.5.14

Recently while using Balsamiq, I’m losing the ability to scroll horizontally. When I first encountered it, I rebooted and it seemed to work again. But I just lost that ability again, and a reboot didn’t correct it.

I can still scroll horizontally in other applications, so it seems to be connected to Balsamiq.

Any ideas?

Also - I cut a quick video to demo what’s happening: https://www.useloom.com/share/54e8ff261cc044bd987aec54c325e8d4

Ugh, I’m really sorry about that Scott. This has been an annoyance for us all over the years :(.

The problem is that Adobe Air’s scrolling listener doesn’t do a great job listening to horizontal scrolls. It sometimes works with some hardware, but other times it just doesn’t work at all. There isn’t really a rhyme or reason to it, which makes it all the more frustrating.

If you hold while scrolling up and down, the canvas will scroll horizontally. That’s something we added a year or so back to help mitigate this issue.

Ultimately, however, we won’t be able to fully solve this issue until we have a native (non-Adobe Air) desktop app - which will allow us to control the scrolling event handling. We have been working on moving all of our apps to native frameworks, and the desktop app is coming along nicely. We should be able to talk more about it soon.

I’m really sorry for the frustration this is causing you, Scott, and even more sorry that I don’t have a good solution for you today. Hopefully it won’t be an issue for too much longer. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info, @Brendan. I appreciate the clarification on the cause, even if there isn’t a great work around.

Could you clarify your statement above -

If I hold what?

Also…I’m super excited to hear you’re working on a native app. That will be amazing! :slight_smile:

I’m just dropping words left and right here.

“Shift” is the key you want to hold.

Really sorry about that, my friend.

Thanks @Brendan! You’re right…not as convenient as the built in horizontal scroll, but loads better than just using the scroll bar. I definitely appreciate the tip. :slight_smile: