Possible Data Grid slowness workaround by using screenshot Asset?

Hello,

I have read the discussions around multiple/large Data Grids causing Mockups 3.5.15 to slow down.
I am seeing this same thing happen in my project as well, which has around 65 mockups and around 50-55 Data Grids which all are around 10 x 15 in size.
In most of the mockups only one of two cells on a single row change, so I was wondering, what if I only create a Data Grid for that single row and use a screenshot for the other rows that have not changed from the previous mockup. This screenshot will become an Asset, which I have read might also become a cause for slowing down the application.

Would this workaround be something that would help speed the application up again, or does the benefit is lost because now another Asset is being added to the project.

A few random questions:
-Should we empty the Trash page from time to time. Will items in the Trash, for example unused Data Grids, slow the project down?

• I read that the recommendation is to keep a project to around 100 mockups, and for larger projects to break them out into multiple projects. I am ok with this, but it does not look like you can link from one project to another. It seems that you can only link to a mockup or to a Web Address. With Desktop 3 using a Web Address to link to another mockup is not an option. Is this correct?

Using the Cloud version is not an option for our Company at this point.

Thanks,
Fred

HI @Fred_van_Donk

Thanks for the post and for these excellent questions.

Taking a step back, there’s a great FAQ document on housekeeping for performance which addresses some of your questions: My Project Is Slow. Anything I Can Do to Improve It?

To answer your specific questions:

Would this workaround be something that would help speed the application up again

We have seen slowness with image assets added to projects but it tends to only be noticeable when there are many images and they’re very large. I’d recommend experimenting and, if you see issues, get back in touch and we can always have a look at the project file to see if something specific is causing issues.

With Desktop 3 using a Web Address to link to another mockup is not an option. Is this correct?

This is, unfortunately correct - with thew desktop app, projects are discrete and it’s not possible to link to a wireframe in one project from another project, even if you have both projects open at the same time. Sorry to not have a better answer there, Fred.

Hope this helps - get back to me with any questions arising, ok?