Print notes to PDF

Hello All,

If I’m right, it’s not possible to export your notes to PDF in MyBalsamiq, right?

Daniel

Hey, @Daniel82.

You are correct; that is a limitation of myBalsamiq’s PDF exporter. But that will change with the update coming later this year.

I’m sorry for any hassle this causes in the interim. One thing you might consider, if it fits into your design, is to add markup note controls with the mockup notes. That way, you would have a copy of the notes when the mockup is exported.

Let us know if that works for you, for now. :slight_smile:

Hi @Brendan,

Thanks for the information. Do you have any idea when this update will arrive?
I was already worked with the markup notes, but this is not ideal. The notes should be handled in a separate window.
Btw, when printing, it would be nice if it would be possible to ONLY print your notes (Feature request?)…without the mockups.

Hi @Daniel82,

We don’t have any precise date for this yet but we hope to have a private beta of the new version of myBalsamiq to try out soon. Not sure if you’ve seen this page already but more details can be found here if you’re interested.

I’ve added your suggestion in our internal tool so we can review it with the team, thanks for sharing it!

We’re running Balsamiq 3.5.3 and see the exported notes, but because they are not formatted they are incredibly difficult to read. Can this improved somehow?

Oh sorry, @Zeke_Weeks, I just replied to your other thread.

You’re right; it doesn’t look like Mockup Notes are respecting any formatting.

Let me check with the Dev team to see what the story is with that, and see if we can do something about it.

Sorry for the hassle!

When I export to PDF, I see all the linking hints, but I don’t see any notes at all. I assumed they’d be alongside the mock ups, as per the display on the editing screen. Are the notes saving to the PDFs or is there an issue? (Or am I the issue? haha)

Hey @allivb,

Are you using Mockups 3 for Desktop or myBalsamiq?

If you’re using Mockups 3 for Desktop, the notes should show up at the bottom of the page.

We don’t currently support exporting Mockup notes in myBalsamiq, but that feature is coming!

Let me know if that answers your question, my friend. :slight_smile: