Balsamiq Community Discussion

Probem with changing wireframes list left panel width

Hi,

I’m working on balsamiq on Windows 10, Chrome 91.0.4472.114, after browser history and cookies cleanup I’m not able to change wireframes left panel. Balsamiq constantly brings it to default size.
Any idea what happened? Thanks
New Wireframe 1 _ New Project _ Test _ Balsamiq Cloud - Google Chrome 2021-06-24 08-03-26

Sorry for the trouble with that one, @Irek.

This bug was introduced in our latest release and we’re working on a fix for the upcoming one.

Thanks for the report!

Thanks for info. And when more likely the fix will happen?

Hi there @Irek It’s hard to give a hard and fast answer but the issue is diagnosed and we’re already working on the fix.

Once that’s done, it needs to be tested before deployment. We know it’s frustrating and we’ll get it out as soon as we can. We’ll post a message here can drop you an email when we ship it if you like?

Just to follow up on what Alasdair said, we are hoping it makes the July 5th release. We will post here as soon as it’s done

Any update on that? This is quite an annoying thing. I’m getting a little bit nervous that paid tool was broken and that speed of my work is jeopardized. Does it mean that I should look for other, better software for mockups?

Hi there @Irek,

We’re still shooting for the next release - within a week or so - and we’ll post here as soon as that is done or if there’s any hiccup which causes that to change.

Not sure if you know, but our desktop app - Balsamiq Wireframes for Desktop - has the ability to open and edit projects on Balsamiq Cloud. This bug with resizing the Navigator is not present in the desktop app so, if you would like, we can get you set up with free use of the desktop app for now until this Cloud bug is fixed?

We know that bugs, especially introduced bugs, can be frustrating and annoying - drop us a line at support@balsamiq.com if you’d like to discuss further or get set up with the desktop app.

Does the desktop app support collaboration and constant sync for mockups on the cloud, so my client is able to see latest version of the project?

Hi Irek,

The desktop app - when used to edit a project stored on Balsamiq Cloud - supports collaboration as if the user(s) in question were editing while logged in to Balsamiq Cloud in a browser.

As such, if your clients have access to a project or projects in your Space, they’ll see any edits you make as you make them.

If you’d like to get set up to use the desktop app until this Navigator Panel bug is fixed, just drop us a line at support@balsamiq.com and we’ll take care of you.

Thanks for the tip. I guess that will solve my problem for now. Regards