Problem with "Icons in Text" feature

I was looking through the online documentation for the Google Drive version for something else entirely but stumbled upon a section describing an :icon-name: format that would allow you to include icons with text.

I was SO excited! It’s something I’ve always thought would be useful - especially in grids, where I’m always having to enter spaces to leave a blank area and then layer the icons on top.

But then I tried it in a bunch of components and it didn’t work! :sob:

Is this a bug? Or was the documentation recently updated with details for a soon-to-be released feature? Or … ?

Hey @Jenni_Merrifield ,

The feature was released in Cloud earlier this week and in the other versions (e.g. Desktop) today.

Can you tell me which version of the app you’re using and the specific version number and I’ll work out what’s happening here for you.

Oh, you explicitly mentioned Google Drive. Let me do some digging and I’ll be back in touch.

OK, @Jenni_Merrifield. Sorry for the confusion here. The version of Balsamiq Wireframes for Google Drive will be updated to include the Icons in Text feature next Wednesday, the 13th.

It’s a little behind Cloud and Desktop but the documentation was already updated in anticipation. Apologies for that.

If you need an extended trial license for the Desktop app so you can try it out, just let me know, ok?

:confetti_ball: Whahoo! :confetti_ball:

I’ve been wanting this feature for literal years (like literally literal - a link to a comment I made on a post in the forums about icons in grids from 2018: Adding icons inside a grid - #29 by Jenni_Merrifield) so I’m more than happy to see it and know it’s coming down the pipe for the version I’m mainly using these days

I do have a personal license for Desktop that I don’t use that often because my company has the Google Drive version, but I’ll check it out later today. :slight_smile:

You’ll see from that thread you were not the only one Jenni! So, we’re happy to finally get this out.

The feature is in version 4.5.4 of the desktop app, released today: Balsamiq for Desktop - Fast, Powerful, Offline Wireframing | Balsamiq

1 Like

Hi @Jenni_Merrifield

Icons in Text is now live in Balsamiq Wireframes for Google Drive. Enjoy!

1 Like

Omg! I LOVE it!

happy-snoopy

Please pass my sincerest thanks on to the development team. :smiley:

2 Likes