Project won't open - Stops at 'Loading Project'

I have the latest version of Balsamiq Mockups 3 and the latest project I was working on won’t open as it stops at the ‘Loading Project’ screen. I tried to open an old version of the project and it opened up normally, but not on the latest one. Could that mean that my project file is corrupted?

Hi @Wafa_Salim,

Sorry you’ve hit this snag!

This could be an issue with the data indeed. Would you mind sending your BMPR file to support@balsamiq.com so that we can try to open the file here and see if we can repair it if needed? We will keep your data in the strictest confidence and only long enough to try to debug your issue.

Also in the meantime, as you mentioned using the latest version of our little tool, could you check the local folder to see if it has the latest version of your file working? You can access it via the “About Balsamiq Mockups” window. We recently improved the save action to avoid any data loss as detailed here: http://blogs.balsamiq.com/product/2015/10/01/3-2/

Sorry again for the snag, we’ll get to the bottom of it!

Hi, Virgin, could you please send me your email so I can send you my file, i think it’s corrupted because it wont open, I need it to be fixed because it’s for a really important project.

Hey @Arianit_Haxha,

So sorry for the snag!

Please send the file to support@balsamiq.com and we’ll do our best to help you with this! We will keep your data only long enough to try to debug your issue.

Also, if using the latest version (3.2.3), have you checked the local folder as described above to see if there is a “good” version of the file you can use?

@Virgin
I just Send an email with my project attached on it. Do you know how much time it will take to fix it?

I just replied your email @Arianit_Haxha with instructions that may help in this case. If not, we’ll dig deeper!

i just replied to you email also!