[Question] Is it possible to reference controls

Hi,

Is it somehow possible to use the text from one control (e.g. text label) as text in another control?

BR

Hi @ddenev and thanks for getting in touch today.

It sounds like our Symbols feature might help. Symbols let you create reusable common elements that you can use across different wireframes, including Text controls.

More details on this article.

Hope this helps! We’ll be here if you need anything else. :slight_smile:

Hi Virgin,

thank you for the reply! I guess I did not put it clear, sorry about that.

I am aware of symbols but they are not what I need. I need to have some elements to be able to reference the text in another element. Example:

• Text label A and text label B
  • I want B to display whatever text I have in A, so if I change the text in A, B to automatically display it

I hope it is clearer now :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing more details, Dragomir, and sorry for missing that in the first place. :slight_smile:

We don’t have a direct way to do this and it sounds like a pretty advanced feature for our starter tool. That being said, you should be able to achieve it with our Symbols feature, with those few steps:

• Create the Text symbol with the content that you need to be shared among different controls/wireframes
  • Overlay the symbol on any control where you need that text to be displayed
  • Changing the Symbol’s content at a later point will automatically update all the different instances

I understand that this may not be the ideal solution for you but hopefully it will do the trick.

Let us know if you need anything else.