Balsamiq Community Discussion

Reduce Workspace Size

The workspace helpfully grows when I add new controls…but if I remove the controls, the workspace ends up larger than I need. How do I reduce the size of the workspace for a mockup?

Hi @Alan_Terlep,

Thanks for the post and welcome!

I’m not sure I fully understand what you’re seeing - the canvas doesn’t have a fixed size as such, it’s just a workspace where your controls live and it should shrink and grow depending on where your controls are on the canvas. I did a quick test to try to reproduce what you’re describing:

• I added a control an position 50,50
  • I added a control at position 2000,2000 - the scrollbars changed to reflect the new size
  • I removed the control at position 2000,2000 - the scrollbars changed to reflect the new size

Sounds like you’re not seeing the last step? Which specific version of Balsamiq are you using? I’d love to be able to take a look at a wireframe where the canvas/scrollbars are not behaving as you expect. Would you be able to share your .BMPR project file with me? Of course, I’ll only keep it as long as the examination requires, will delete it permanently when done and will only share it with other Balsamiq tech staff. If so, drop me an email to support@balsamiq.com with the file attached and I’ll dig into it for you. All the best.