Balsamiq Community Discussion

Release Notes for Balsamiq Cloud?

Are there release notes for Balsamiq Cloud posted somewhere? I found the release notes for Desktop, but couldn’t find notes for the cloud. I logged in today and noticed gridlines were gone and I wasn’t sure if it was a setting I inadvertently changed or if that feature was removed by a new Balsamiq Cloud release.

Hey Ryan,

Release notes for Cloud are hard because a lot of the time it’s stuff that really doesn’t matter too much. Like, in the last release, we updated to REACT 16 which was a ton of work but is a single bullet point on a release note.

I try to write a release summary once a quarter that is zoomed out a bit to give you the more broad strokes of the updates we have made. I also try to give you an idea as to what is coming in the next quarter. I am not always successful at this. :stuck_out_tongue:

So yeah, while we don’t have bullet-by-bullet release notes for Cloud, those release summaries should give you a good idea about what we have changed.

Let me know if that helps, my friend.

I understand. Do you know if gridlines got removed from Balsamiq Cloud recently or am I imagining things?

You are not imagining things, Ryan. And, honestly, a funny story about that.

The grid lines/graph paper was never supposed to be there in the first place. When we ported the editor to Javascript (and built the foundation of all of our modern apps), the graph paper was something we wanted to get rid of because we worried it invited a level of precision that our apps aren’t designed to do.

We aren’t sure how it managed to make it back in, but we only noticed it a few weeks ago, so it was removed (again) with the latest update.

If it’s something you’d think you’d like, I can certainly add you to the story we have internally about it.

Let me know. :slight_smile:

Got it. I was more just curious. I don’t think I have a need for gridlines. Thanks!

1 Like